(Butterfly wall, week one)
The butterflies are made by our campers at the Main Line Art Center. They’re all between the ages of 4 and 13. The butterflies are made for the Wolf Performing Arts Center, a Philadelphia theater group that is putting on a show called I Never Saw Another Butterfly, by Celeste Raspanti. The show is based on a book of art and poems by the children of Terezin, a concentration camp located in the current Czech Republic. More than 15,000 children died there during the Holocaust. Wolf PAC is collecting 15,000 butterflies to commemorate the children.
If you would like to find out more about The Butterfly Project, including how to make and donate your own butterfly, click here.
- pretty-little-tea-cup reblogged this from yok2tog
- pretty-little-tea-cup likes this
- sanumarox123 reblogged this from yok2tog
- keepy0ureyes0pen13 likes this
- birginity likes this
- wutheringdreams reblogged this from churhdads
- churhdads reblogged this from yok2tog
- yok2tog likes this
- butterflies-and-flowers reblogged this from yok2tog
- 8butterflyboy8 reblogged this from yok2tog
- yok2tog posted this